Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Trip to Taos, NM



On April 21st. a fellow artist and myself left for an intensive art seminar in Taos, NM.
We were told to bring every little thing you might need for 8 days of creating. There are no art stores in Taos anymore. We filled a midsize SUV with our supplies, snacks, and cameras.


Views in AZ

We arrived in Santa Fe, NM on Monday and spent the day walking the city and taking in all the art and food we could hold. I became taken with windows. Not sure why but I just kept taking photos of them.



Window in art colony in Santa Fe



Window at Mabel Dodge Luhan House




                                               Town Square in Santa Fe, NM with artists


I think I took about 300 photos in all. Not all of windows but there are quite a few.

The workshop ran every day from 9am - 5pm. We painted and attended lectures with slide shows on different aspects of art and artists.
Every night I went back the the hotel room very tired but so happy to have been painting every day. In the afternoons and early evenings we were able to do some sight seeing. Like our trip to Mabel Dodge Luhan House. If you don't know about Mabel, look her up. What an amazing person.
It was so relaxing to be able to not worry about anything but showing up to paint. Letting the creative juices flow and watching the wonderful sunsets at the end of the day.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aleta,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Taos to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

Aleta Jacobson said...

Thank you Jane. After the fix for the photos and updated look I'm happy to be linked to Dwellable.com

:-)

Aleta